When it's time for you look for local businesses to help you with your wedding, take a look at our advertisements below. Most will have links to their own websites. These advertisements are updated regularly so please revisit often and mention Your Berks, Bucks and Oxon Wedding when making any enquiries.
Guests spend nearly a third more on attending a wedding in 2019 compared to last year new research from American Express (NYSE: AXP) revealed.
As a nation Brits will splash out £5.5 billion on attending weddings in 2019. Hotels (£72) are the largest expense for attendees this season, followed by outfits (£68), gifts (£66) and hen and stag dos (£58).
When it comes to hotel spend, almost half of attendees (48%) plan to use offers, such as hotel deals or flight sales to save money.
The wedding guest bill Item
2019 average spend per wedding | 2018 average spend per wedding
Hen/stag do £58|£42
Hair and beauty £25|£22
Stephen Steinhardt, director at American Express, says: “It's a huge compliment to be asked to celebrate a couple's special day but the costs can soon add up. Therefore it's important to get your finances in order so you can focus on having fun at the wedding, rather than worrying about the cost of attending. Our study has found that just under half of guests put related expenditure on a card that earns rewards and loyalty points. These wedding guests are ensuring they get something back for their spending and will be able to treat themselves once the celebrations are over.”
American Express provides the following top tips for guests as the wedding season commences:
1. Think ahead for travel – If you are planning to travel to a wedding by train, consider booking tickets in advance to get the best deals and ensure you are allocated a seat for a long journey.
2. Go halves on a gift – More than a third (34%) of wedding guests admit they can feel pressured when it comes to gift-giving. Team up with a fellow guest when buying a present, that way you can buy the happy couple a more expensive gift without stretching your budget.
3. Get sales shopping – Almost half (48%) of wedding guests buy their outfit in the sales. If you have a wedding later on in the year, sign up for sales notifications so you can bag a bargain on your outfit.
4. Halve the hen do cost – If you are concerned about the high cost of attending pre wedding celebrations, pick and choose the activities you take part in. You can still show your support for your loved one while making sure you can afford to take part in the fun.
5. Use points or rewards – If you have a credit card that earns rewards, it's worth checking your balance and putting those towards your travel or accommodation costs.
ABOUT AMERICAN EXPRESS
American Express is a globally integrated payments company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Learn more at www.americanexpress.com
Unlike a national magazine, Your Berks, Bucks and Oxon Wedding is packed with area specific features, venues in your area, inspirational real weddings and regular features on bridal fashion, beauty, photography, cars, stationery, flowers, cakes, music, entertainment, catering, hair & beauty, etc.
So when you decide to look for local suppliers, wedding retailers and service providers, our magazines can really help you plan your wedding.
We also have regular exciting competitions and giveaways, expert question & answer pages and lots more. Quite simply, all the information you will ever need to get married in your area.
We have 19 wedding titles covering counties and regions throughout most of England and Wales.
Your Berks, Bucks and Oxon Wedding is available to purchase as a high quality printed magazine or, if you prefer, as an eMagazine.
Titles covering other areas are available here